Kvantmekanik och matematiska metoder 2016
Mechanics and Mathematical Methods, FMFF15)
- This is the homepage for the course of
Quantum mechanics & mathematical methods FMFF15 at Lund University.
- The course is aimed primarily at Nano-Engineering students at the Master level.
- Below we provide information and useful documents for the course.
-23/11 2016 -
For the students finished with their projects, the results
should appear in LADOK soon.
-12/10 2016 -
Don't forget to take the exam: Friday the 28/10 2016, kl. 14-19 in Victoriahallen.
See material in the bottom of the page for old exams and repetition slides.
Thank you all for a nice course ! /Gillis
-27/9 2016 -
The project supervisors presented their projects during the excercise
List for selecting projects is now availiable during
the excercise sessions.
-1/9 2016 -
The Kvant. rep. slides - updated
Course and study plan - updated
Course introduction meeting held on Tuesday, 30/8/2016 at 10:15 in
Math. introduction notes
Kvant. rep. slides
Course and study plan
Description of the course
you will find information about the goals in PDF format,
how the course is structured, how it is examined, along with further practical information.
The syllabus is available here .
- Exercise assistant:
- För questions concerning course registration, Ladok, registration for exams and similar
Most parts of the course take place at Fysicum.
The main literature for the course consists of:
(1) The document entitled "Hilbert spaces" found below
(2) Gunnar Ohlen:
Quantum world phenomenon: theory and concepts, (University) Chapter 5-9
Gunnar Sparr and Annika Sparr:
Continuous systems (Open University), Chapters H and S
An English book covering the same mathematics area and which may be of interest is
Philippe Dennery and Andre Krzywicki:
Mathematics for physicists, found for example
Peter S. Riseborough: Mathematical methods 1,
kap. 1-9. (freely
availiable from the web)
- Math literature: Hilbert Spaces
- Math excercises: exercises for
- Hand-in assignments for the math part: Hand-ins for
- Suggestions for solutions to Ohlen exercises:
- part 1
- part 2
- Computer Projects:
i) Quantum dots
ii) Time-dependent Schrodinger equation
iii) Perturbation of a hydrogen plasma
Writing project reports
An instructive example on how to prepare a report, from the course
Thermodynamics, Waves and atomic physics can be found here .
Formula sheet for the exam
- Two old exams (
1 , 2 )
1 , 2 )
Extra old exam